IS YOUR CHILD AT RISK?
If you have concerns about your child's development, please call for a Developmental Screening at (813) 837-7723
You may want to consider a screening if your child has difficulty in any of the following areas:
• Unable to locate or pick up small objects which have been dropped
• Holds his/her head in a strained or awkward position when trying to look at a particular person or object.
• Sometimes or always crosses one or both eyes
• By six months old, does not turn his/her face to the source of strange sounds or voices
• Has frequent ear aches or draining from the ears
• Talks in a very loud voice
• Always turns the same ear toward a sound he/she wishes to hear
• By age one, cannot say "Mama" and "Dada"
• By age two, cannot say the names of a few toys and people
• By age three, is not speaking in three-word sentences
• By age four, is unable to answer simple questions
• By age one, does not react to his/her name when called
• By age two, cannot identify and point to hair, eyes, ears, nose and mouth
• By age three, is unable to identify or sort by color, size or shape
• By age four, cannot answer questions like "What do you do when you are sleepy?" or "What do you do when you are hungry?"
• By nine months, is unable to sit up without support
• By 18 months, cannot walk around without assistance
• by age one, does not play games such as waving "bye-bye," peek-a-boo or pat-a-cake
• by age two, does not imitate parents performing household chores
• by age three, does not know what toys can and cannot do, or cannot use toys appropriately
• by age four, does not like to, or does not know how to, play with other children
HEALTH AND MEDICAL
• Has a physical condition that requires the daily use of a wheelchair, braces or other medical equipment
• Has a medical condition, such as severe asthma or seizures, which prevents participation in a typical preschool setting