FDLRS Parent Services
About the Parent Liaison Project
The Parent Liaison project is supported by Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System (FDLRS) and Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS). Each liaison works closely with area district schools and staff and is a parent of a child who currently receives, or has received, Exceptional Student Education (ESE) services through HCPS.
To guide and empower families to become collaborative, effective advocates for their child with special needs by providing information, help and support to promote academic and social success in school and within the community.
Some Things We Do
- Facilitate effective communication between families and schools
- Provide families with guidance to understand educational supports & procedures
- Answer questions or refer families to appropriate school/district personnel
- Support families navigating transitions, from early intervention services through post- secondary programs (ages 3 to 22)
- Assist in the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) process/educational meetings
- Provide informational sessions to increase understanding of the educational process and promote family involvement
- Develop & distribute materials that benefit families of children with special needs
- Connect families with agencies that provide services and/or resources
- Facilitate FDLRS/Early Childhood Council (ECC) developmental screenings
- Share common family concerns with school district administration
Download our flyer for more information